The YOUNG SUDBURY SINGERS are pleased to announce plans for our 2021-22 seaon, with a return to in-person rehearsals starting on Wednesday September 15. (see full details in the PSA at the link below)
Two choirs will be offered this season:
JUNIOR CHOIR (Grade 2 to 4) – Wednesday evenings, 6 – 7 pm ~ Colette Nadeau, director
SENIOR CHOIR (Grade 5+) – Wednesday evenings, 6 – 7:15 pm ~ Heather Charsley, director
Weekly choir rehearsals are held at the Sudbury Theatre Centre, 170 Shaughnessy St. in downtown Sudbury. (Local schools are not available for after-hours community use at this time.) Members of our former VALLEY CHOIR are invited to join one of the choirs listed above, until we can access Valley View Public School.
Choir members will have the opportunity to participate in video-recording projects that will be shared with the public on our YouTube channel and Facebook page. Outdoor singing events may also be part of our season. Tentative plans for the new year include participation in the Kiwanis Music Festival in April and concerts in conjunction with other local choirs. Decisions about public performances will be finalized as the season progresses, taking into account the public gathering restrictions in place at that time.
More information, including a link to our registration forms, is posted on our Registration Information page.
If you have any questions about any of our choirs, please contact General Manager Ralph McIntosh at 705 662 0115 or email@example.com .
Young Sudbury Singers exists to provide children and youth the opportunity to grow personally, musically and culturally through musical education and rewarding artistic experiences. Participants can expect to sing, to laugh, and to learn a wide variety of music in a safe and supportive environment that will foster a lifelong love of singing.
The choir provides opportunities for children and youth to:
- Develop a love of choral music through the study and performance of quality musical repertoire
- Develop and refine voice production and general musicianship through mastery of challenging musical compositions
- Experience personal growth through team building and the development of friendships among members
- Gain a cultural appreciation of music through exposure to works from various styles and periods, including works by Canadian composers
- Contribute to the cultural life of Sudbury
- Connect with other choirs locally, provincially, and nationally.
YSS performing with the Sudbury Symphony, November 2010
Young Sudbury Singers is grateful to the City of Greater Sudbury for their financial support.
Young Sudbury Singers is a proud member of
Young Sudbury Singers is a registered charity.