Young Sudbury Singers exists to provide children and youth age 7 to 17 the opportunity to grow personally, musically and culturally through musical education and rewarding artistic experiences. Participants can expect to sing, to laugh, and to learn a wide variety of music in a safe and supportive environment that will foster a lifelong love of singing.
Young Sudbury Singers offers two choirs for children and youth age 7 to 17 (Grades 2 to 12). Both rehearse weekly from September to early May, at Sudbury Secondary School, 154 College St. in Sudbury.
- Young Sudbury Junior Singers – conducted by Valerie Whitehead (6 to 7 pm)
- Young Sudbury Ensemble Singers – conducted by Heather Charsley (6 to 7:30 pm)
Fall Term Wednesday September 13, 2017 to Wednesday December 20, 2017
Winter/Spring Wednesday January 10, 2018 to Wednesday May 9, 2018
The choir provides opportunities for children and youth to:
- Develop a love of choral music through the study and performance of quality musical repertoire
- Develop and refine voice production and general musicianship through mastery of challenging musical compositions
- Experience personal growth through team building and the development of friendships among members
- Gain a cultural appreciation of music through exposure to works from various styles and periods, including works by Canadian composers
- Contribute to the cultural life of Sudbury
- Connect with other choirs locally, provincially, and nationally.
YSS performing with the Sudbury Symphony, November 2010The Young Sudbury Singers are grateful to the City of Greater Sudbury for their financial support.
Young Sudbury Singers is a registered charity.