The YOUNG SUDBURY SINGERS 2020-21 season has ended. Information about our 2021-22 season will be posted by mid-August, taking into account the public health gathering restrictions in place at that time. See our Registration page for more information.
Until we can gather together to sing in-person again, weekly choir rehearsals are held online using Zoom software. Choir members will have the opportunity to participate in video-recording projects that will be shared with the public on our YouTube channel and Facebook page. Other activities may include outdoor events when feasible.
Two choirs were offered this past year:
BEGINNER / JUNIOR CHOIR (SK to Grade 4) – Wednesday evenings, 6 – 6:45pm
SENIOR CHOIR (Grade 5+) – Wednesday evenings, 7 – 8pm
Members of our former VALLEY CHOIR were invited to join one of the choirs listed above. When we resume live rehearsals, we plan to re-establish a choir in the Valley East area.
More information, including a link to our registration forms, is posted on our Registration Information page.
If you have any questions about any of our choirs, please contact General Manager Ralph McIntosh at 705 662 0115 or email@example.com .
(The choir hopes to be able to resume live rehearsals and concert performances at some point this coming fall, depending on the public health conditions related to COVID-19.)
Young Sudbury Singers exists to provide children and youth the opportunity to grow personally, musically and culturally through musical education and rewarding artistic experiences. Participants can expect to sing, to laugh, and to learn a wide variety of music in a safe and supportive environment that will foster a lifelong love of singing.
The choir provides opportunities for children and youth to:
- Develop a love of choral music through the study and performance of quality musical repertoire
- Develop and refine voice production and general musicianship through mastery of challenging musical compositions
- Experience personal growth through team building and the development of friendships among members
- Gain a cultural appreciation of music through exposure to works from various styles and periods, including works by Canadian composers
- Contribute to the cultural life of Sudbury
- Connect with other choirs locally, provincially, and nationally.
YSS performing with the Sudbury Symphony, November 2010
Young Sudbury Singers is grateful to the City of Greater Sudbury for their financial support.
Young Sudbury Singers is a proud member of
Young Sudbury Singers is a registered charity.