Young Sudbury Singers exists to provide children and youth the opportunity to grow personally, musically and culturally through musical education and rewarding artistic experiences. Participants can expect to sing, to laugh, and to learn a wide variety of music in a safe and supportive environment that will foster a lifelong love of singing.
Young Sudbury Singers offers three choirs for children and youth age 6 to 17 (Grade 1 to 12). All choirs rehearse weekly from September to early May, at Sudbury Secondary School, 154 College St. in Sudbury.
- Beginner Choir – age 6-7 – conducted by Colette Nadeau (5:30 to 6:15 pm)
- Junior Singers – age 8-9 – conducted by Valerie Whitehead (6:15 to 7:15 pm)
- Senior Singers – age 10+ – conducted by Heather Charsley (6 to 7:30 pm)
Fall Term Wednesday September 12, 2018 to Wednesday December 19, 2018
Winter/Spring Wednesday January 9, 2019 to Wednesday May 8, 2019
The choir provides opportunities for children and youth to:
- Develop a love of choral music through the study and performance of quality musical repertoire
- Develop and refine voice production and general musicianship through mastery of challenging musical compositions
- Experience personal growth through team building and the development of friendships among members
- Gain a cultural appreciation of music through exposure to works from various styles and periods, including works by Canadian composers
- Contribute to the cultural life of Sudbury
- Connect with other choirs locally, provincially, and nationally.
YSS performing with the Sudbury Symphony, November 2010
The Young Sudbury Singers are grateful to the City of Greater Sudbury for their financial support.
Young Sudbury Singers is a proud member of
Young Sudbury Singers is a registered charity.